Who we are looking for:
We are looking for aRock StarDeployment Engineer who will be responsible for providing deployment and installation support to Silver Peak customers. You will capitalize on your awesome people skills and in-depth technical knowledge to partner with our customers to plan their installs and to provide deployment services. You will be responsible for handling escalation support for our customers critical cases, and providing detailed feedback and reporting to our engineering teams that will help steer and improve product and feature development.
You will be based in a metro area in the Northeastern US. Travel will be approximately 25% and you will report to the Director of Deployment Engineering.
What you will do:
- Install, configure and troubleshoot complex deployments.
- Participate in after-hours and weekend installations with customers if needed
- Travel to customer sites may be required
- Assist customers with the architecting, configuration or reconfiguration of appliances
- Document customer environments and configurations
- Troubleshoot and root-cause installation issues
- Document issues as well as new best practices, processes etc.
- Provide limited project management
- Provide support for strategic customers when they are adding new Silver Peak appliances to their fabric
What you are great at:
- Ability to demonstrate a fundamental knowledge of networking and networking protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, GRE, NAT, PAT)
- Working experience with VLANs and IP sub-netting
- In-depth experience using routing protocols such as OSFP, EIGRP and BGP
- Knowledge and experience creating access control lists (ACLs) on routers and switches
- Working experience using traffic redirection technologies such as WCCP and Policy Based Routing (PBR)
- Hands-on experience using the CLI on major router and switch vendors (Cisco, Juniper, Arista)
- Working experience of WAN acceleration techniques and technologies.
- Experience using and configuring firewalls (Palo Alto, Checkpoint, SonicWALL, Fortinet, etc)
- Experience with VPN technologies such as IPSEC VPN and SSL VPN
- Troubleshooting skills that include hands-on experience with the configuration of networking equipment
Servers and Storage
- Working knowledge of the installation and configuration of virtual machines on major hypervisors (VMware, Hyper-V)
- Competent troubleshooting skills on the installation and configuration of hypervisors and operating systems
PC Software Skills
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Office Suite (Power Point, Excel, Word)
- Microsoft Windows, Apple OS X, Linux operating system experience
- Previous experience in a customer facing role
- Understanding of the sales and channel model.
- Understanding of what drives customers.
- Team player willing to help out peers and other teams within the company
- Ability to present to an audience of mixed roles and technical abilities within an organization
- Experience managing complex IT projects
- Ability to occasionally work nights and weekends around customer schedules.
Your Education, Experience, and Certification:
- BSCS or equivalent degree
- 5+ years of experience in networking
- Experience in large enterprise or service provider environments.
- Professional level network certifications (CCNP, CCIE, JNCIE, JNCP)