- Sheltering Arms
- $55,905.00 -83,990.00/year*
260 E 211th St
Sheltering Arms (formerly Episcopal Social Services) strengthens the education, wellbeing, and development of high-need children, adults, and families across the New York metro area from the South Bronx to Far Rockaway. Joining our team is an opportunity to collaborate with hundreds of dedicated colleagues who represent diverse backgrounds and talents as we work together to make a measurable impact for our neighbors in need. Every role at Sheltering Arms brings with it new opportunities for advancement and development so that team members can achieve their professional goals while helping others reach for theirs.
Sheltering Arms is currently looking to hire a Visitation Specialist who will be responsible for supervising family visits in the NSP facility or agency offices, and in the family's home. The Specialist will ensure that the visiting environment is safe, and physically and emotionally secure for NSP youth.
* Develop a visitation plan for each youth in collaboration with the case planner by arranging for the family to visit within 24 hours of youth arriving at the NSP facility.
* Provide guidance to the family and youth to plan the purpose of the visit.
* Provide supervision, if needed, to ensure the safety of all family members and strengthen the parental role in the family.
* Record all progress notes in Connections on a weekly basis.
* Prepare reports for court regarding the assessment of the parent/youth visits.
* When available, will participate in Family Team Conferences or forward a written report for the conference.
* Participate with the team in assessing the youth's readiness for a home visit in collaboration with ACS case managers.
* Perform a home assessment on youth's family home for day passes and weekend overnight visits.
* Will escort the youth for the initial visit with their family outside the facility. Then, in collaboration with NSP team and ACS case manager, will assess the readiness for the youth to visit without staff escort.
* Maintain ongoing contact with Case Planner.
* Provide carfare or transportation to families with financial hardship or physical disabilities.
* Performs other duties as delegated.
* Support the principles of the Missouri Model with the end goal teaching the young people to make positive, lasting changes in their behavior by preparing them to be self-sufficient through education and work experience.
* Bachelor's Degree: BA or BS in Human Services or Social Work preferred.
* Good verbal and written communicational skills.
* Ability to be a team player and flexible to change and work independently.
* Knowledge of Connections is preferred
* Strong writing skills, including competency with progress note completion
* Valid New York State Driver's License
* Should be dependable , flexible and patient
* Capable of handling emergencies, if necessary
* Must be able to travel to the five boroughs
* Must be able to pass required Safe Crisis Management (SCM) training.
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual's perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Physical Requirements: Must have the ability to complete all standard administrative and support tasks including but not limited to climbing up and down stairs, operation of computers/phones/fax/printer/copy machine, and the ability to lift boxes, furniture, and equipment up to 30lbs. Must be able to travel from the various locations and sites of Sheltering Arms. Physical and PPD clearances required.
Associated topics: case management, development, development manager, liaison, plan, project, program management, project development, project management, resource development
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...