- Sheltering Arms
- $60,680.00 -83,990.00/year*
Healthcare - Allied Health
260 E 211th St
Organization Overview: Sheltering Arms strengthens the education, wellbeing, and development of high-need children, adults, and families across the New York metro area, from the South Bronx to Far Rockaway. Joining our team is an opportunity to collaborate with hundreds of dedicated colleagues who represent diverse backgrounds and talents as we work together to make a measurable impact for our neighbors in need.
Mental Health Therapist is responsible for assuring the continuing delivery of relevant quality mental health services to youth in the NSP facility. Individual, group, and family therapy services will be provided according to best clinical practice, utilizing DBT principles within the context of the Integrated Treatment Model, as well as informed by the Think Trauma Model. The MHT provides a link between the team and outside support MH services such as psychiatry, Creative Arts Treatment and Substance Abuse services, and assures accurate and appropriate flow of information. The MHT participates in weekly treatment team meetings, as well as in Family Treatment Conferences, and facility community meetings.
* Provides MH services to the youth and families involved with HTP or NSP programs.
* Assures coordination and effective transmission of information between psychiatric, creative arts, and substance abuse providers and team.
* Assures the timely completion of assessments and treatment plan progress, as well as therapist's entry of all relevant data into CONNX and other agency data collection systems.
* Participates in each facility's Treatment team meetings and Family Treatment Conferences.
* Ensures efficacious treatment planning and service coordination in collaboration with internal and external resources
* Assures timely delivery of all assessments and reports from therapist including initial assessments, psychosocial, and treatment reports
* Represents ARC HTP and NSP MH services at internal management meetings and appropriate external meetings
* Supports the ideology and practice of Integrated Treatment Model and Think Trauma principles.
* Provides appropriate formal and informal training for youth, families and Juvenile Specialists
* Models and promotes dependable, responsible, professional and accountable behavior including positive program norms, enthusiasm, and teamwork primacy
* Availability 24/7 for emergency contact
* Other duties as assigned
* LMHC, LMSW, LCSW, or LMFT required
* Familiarity with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Strengths-Based Therapy
* 2+ Years experience in Child Welfare or other relevant youth serving system
* Experiencing working with youth and families in Residential setting preferred
* Must be able to climb stairs and conduct visits to facilities and community based on partners
* Knowledge of CONNECTIONS and Microsoft Office Suite
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual's perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Physical Requirements: Must have the ability to complete all standard administrative and support tasks including but not limited to climbing up and down stairs, operation of computers/phones/fax/printer/copy machine, and the ability to lift boxes, furniture, and equipment up to 30lbs. Must be able to travel from the various locations and sites of Sheltering Arms.
Associated topics: adult, advocate, casework, counselor, family, npho, outpatient, outreach, social, social worker
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...