Project Manager - Long Island NY
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
Seeking a Construction Project Manager who has 7-10 years experience managing commercial construction projects within Long Island NY sectors.
Looking for a Project Manager who can manage tenant renovation projects ranging from 5000sf to 60,000sf who also has a good understanding of MEP. Project locations in Jericho and Garden City Long Island NY.
The Project Manager leads, directs and coordinates the overall management of one or multiple projects. This position is also responsible for representing the firm with clients and consultants on subjects related to construction and for making decisions on behalf of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage project development from initiation to close
- Develop a high-performance team through supervision, training, coaching and mentoring. Ensure regular feedback is shared with staff including timely completion of employee performance appraisals
- Understand and administer contracts and subcontract agreements
- Foster and enhance owner, architect, subcontractor and vendor relations
- Establish, update, and communicate Master Project Schedule and manage its implementation
- Able to demonstrate experience in the management of construction design, budget and schedules
- May work with preconstruction team in development of project
- Manage budget and financial reporting, interpret and analyze reports to insure adherence to project budget
- Manage the quality assurance/quality control program
- Manage and oversee field operation and engineering processes and procedures
- Develop tools and best practices for project management and execution
- Drive competencies to team on requirements for insurance, labor relations, and employee relations
- Drive enforcement of safety protocols by the project staff
- Work with Accounting to initiate pay application process and follow up to ensure payment is received in a timely manner
- Keep management informed on progress of project and budget through regularly scheduled Operation Review Meetings
- Support and drive utilization of various company initiatives and technologies
- Be familiar with NYC Department of Building requirements
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Directly supervises the employees involved in each project.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include: planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or in a related field.
- Required experience directing the construction of a 20-50 story plus high rise residential or mixed-use building in metro New York City.
- A minimum of fifteen plus years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- In depth knowledge of construction cost, scheduling, estimating, purchasing and engineering principles and techniques, as well as accounting principles.
- Proven written and verbal communication abilities; proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office suite.
- Demonstrated ability to read, understand and interpret contract and insurance documents and forms, and make appropriate recommendations.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with individuals at all levels, both internal and external.
- Computer and Internet use is required
- OSHA-30 certification required
- Knowledge of Sage 300 and Procore preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
MS Project Ms Office Procore Prolog Primavera Timberline
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
Loading some great jobs for you...