Field Systems Engineer - New York
Compensation: $115,490.00 - $170,130.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
First and foremost, culture and a team-centric mentality are the most important attributes we look for in a future team member.We are focused on creating and maintaining a comfortable, collaborative, and inclusive environment, where everyone has a voice and all suggestions will be given consideration, as long as they are delivered in a productive and respectful manner. This ideology is at the core of our who we are and want to be. If you're still interested, keep reading...
The primary responsibility of this position is provide Onsite Technical Support, mainly comprised of small & medium size business with a presence in the NYC Metro Area. The future team member would work most at client sites mainly in the NYC Metro Area and occasionally from our Englewood Cliffs, NJ office. Currently we support 300+ clients in a wide array of industries. Access to transportation is required to travel to clients in NY and NJ.
In our industry, and more specifically the MSP sector, it's difficult to capture all facets of a position, but we'll try our best, and if this opportunity sounds like something all parties are interested in exploring further, we'll move things along to the next steps.
*While years of experience and certifications are pluses, we recognize intelligence, ability and potential is far more important.
- Proficient at building, or maintaining
- Business networks and systems, including hardware.
- Windows Servers and Active Directory, DNS.
- Secure and redundant infrastructures, i.e. AV, firewalls, GPO, high-availability solutions.
- Microsoft Exchange/Office 365 and email security/filtering solutions.
- DR/BC infrastructure.
- NFS, SMB, FTP, SSH, IIS configuration
- 3+ years of MSP experience
Some other technical facets, details or requirements of the position may include, but not limited to:
Manage and execute projects to meet deadlines and client expectations.
- Configure & manage Microsoft Server & Exchange 2012R2/2016, with PowerShell expertise.
- Administer, configure, maintain, and upgrade various VMware technologies including, but not limited, to vCenter Server, vCenter Converter, vSphere, vMotion and Virtual SAN.
- Administer, configure, maintain, and upgrade Citrix XenApp & XenDesktop environments
- Administer and configure NAS and SAN technologies from various vendors, such as Aberdeen, Buffalo, EMC, HP and EqualLogic.
- Implementation and troubleshooting and training for Mimecast and various anti-spam technologies.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot all network equipment, routers, firewall, switches, wireless access points, and SSL-VPN setups from various vendors, such as Cisco, Extreme, HP, Meraki, Netgear, SonicWALL, UniFi.
- Provide Disaster Recovery and backup solutions and support using eVault, Zerto, Veeam, Shadow Protect, and others.
- To maintain a first-class level of customer service insuring that all customers are treated efficiently and in an appropriate manner.
- Maintain inventory of installed software, manage software licensing and create policies and procedures for upgrades.
Work with hardware and software vendors to verify timely product delivery and ensure that new equipment is installed and ready to operate on schedule.
- Document procedures, standards, best practices configurations, settings, installation sequences and back-out instructions.
- Diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems associated with application software and operating systems; determine the source of problems and classify their level, priority and nature.
- Critical thinker - exhibits good judgment and strong problem solving skills.
- Articulate - excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organization.
- Enthusiastic - highly motivated and diligent team player.
- Flexible - ability to manage changing priorities.
- Thoughtful - ethical, respectful, and fair.
- Looking for a place to be comfortable, challenged, and have some fun.
Associated topics: ip, maintain, maintenance, network, satcom, satellite, system engineer, system specialist, system technician, technician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...