Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Position Overview: This position manages the HPS Utility business through end user accounts and authorized distributors in the New Jersey and New York City marketplace. The Territory Manager is responsible for knowledge of the HPS Products, planning and tracking the opportunities within the area, and growing the HPS relationship/position with the Investor Owned Utilities and distributors in this geography.
- Development of functional knowledge of the position by understanding the drivers of the HPS organization, BU s and products, and management of relationships within all levels of the customer base
- Meet/exceed overall sales quota while driving Hubbell Power Systems market share growth
- Effectively manage distributor relationships
- Assist Regional Vice President of sales in territory planning/forecasting and the development of a strategic growth strategy
- Manage key end user accounts through consistent exposure for HPS and an understanding of the key drivers to their business and spending
- Maximize product approvals for all product lines
- Develop and execute a short-term and long-term plan for overall market share growth
- Analyze market to identify new business opportunities
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Associated topics: electrical, microprocessor, nuclear, nuclear engineer, overhead, plc, pole, recloser, transmission, power supply